Monday, February 25, 2013

A word of thanks...

To say the past month or so hasn't been busy would be like saying that people actually like Nicolas Cage movies. No one likes a liar, let's be real. And if you do like Nicolas Cage movies, we should talk.

Moving on from the actor incapable of not yelling in a weird fashion, the past month has been incredible. The rollarcoaster of emotions that I've gone through in a two hour period (let alone the entire week) has had the highest of emotions and the lowest of lows.

For about three weeks or so, I barely slept and barely made it through my classes. I survived midterms on what I'll admit was probably not enough preparation and for sure not enough sleep. So my first thanks goes to my professors. I seriously have some of the coolest people in Portland teaching me and seeing some stand with students at the demonstration two weeks ago was incredibly inspiring for me. So to all of my professors that I've ever had at UP, thank you. Thank you for your patience, understanding, and most importantly for standing up with us in whatever way.

The second thanks goes out to all my friends who forced me to relax when I was on the verge of yet another breakdown. Thank you to all who reached out and offered resources when most times, I didn't even ask. And thanks to all the people who gave me a ride home at any point.

Clint and Kirsten: seriously guys. Thank you for forcing me to take a couple days to relax. And for periodically reminding me to eat.

Third, thank you Portland mom. You know who you are. I wouldn't have eaten on several occasions if it wasn't for you giving me the mom look multiple times. At the same time; thank you for sharing your story, as that was a big reason why I shared mine. You're one of my biggest inspirations.

Thank you parents and family for believing in me and pushing me to keep going. If I didn't have your support, there would be no way I would have done half the things I did over the past month.

And finally, thank you to the BRO faith task force, PAW, and the Portland community. Because of you all, I feel like I've found a home here in Portland. I finally feel whole because of you all. I feel hope and inspired whenever I'm around any one of you and for that, I can't thank you enough.

These thank yous are long over due but are from the bottom of my heart. I don't know where I'd be without the wonderful people in my life.

Okay. Sappy emotional post over.